Saturday 13 February 2010

Book edits

Oh deary me, you don't know what you don't know until you realise you don't know it. I'm talking about edits. I've just received my very first edits on my very first book to be e-published. I've opened the word document sent by my editor, and I'm sitting here staring at the annotated text, and it is sitting there staring right back at me. I learned French at school but the language of red strikethrough and yellow blob is alien to me. Steeeeeeep learning curve ahead! I feel a wail welling up inside me - "I'm too old for this lark!" What's on telly? Don't I have some ironing to do? I could make a Victoria sponge. No. No, no, no, no, no. This is a Challenge. I must face up to Challenges. Who wants to watch the Winter Olympics anyway? And if I make a cake I'll end up eating it all. No. So I'm rubbing my hands with imaginary dirt, and flexing my fingers over the keyboard like a concert pianist. "What's that dear heart?" (There is a voice calling out from the living room.) "Do I fancy taking a walk into town for a coffee?" Eeeeerm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment